What is your money up to when it's not in your pocket?
The checking and savings accounts below make sure that your cash is busy funding renewable energy projects and climate solutions while it's at the bank.
What is a Clean Energy Credit Union Checking Account?
- When you put your cash in one of these accounts, you can earn 1.00% interest (see conditions on site)
- Your funds are then used to provide loans to other credit union members installing renewable energy projects or purchasing electric vehicles
- This account is online only, but has no monthly maintenance fees and access to ATM withdrawals at over 32,000 locations
What is a Beneficial State PositiveChange eChecking Account?
- None of your deposits will be used to fund fossil fuels or coal - however, they might be used to fund affordable housing or other non-renewable energy projects
- For around every $100 dollars deposited, around $12 will be used to make loans for environmentally sustainable projects
- This online account has no monthly service charges but requires a $50 deposit to open
Disclaimer: GreenPortfolio aims to keep all information on the site current and accurate. However, you may find differences between information listed here and information listed on a financial product provider’s website. Opinions expressed here are not those of any bank, credit card issuer or financial institution, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Please complete your own due diligence before making any financial decisions.
Advertising Disclosure: This article/post may contain references to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services but this compensation does not influence our reviews or opinions. Read about our methodology to learn how we choose financial products to include on our platform.